WE SHINE BRIGHTER TOGETHER
The Pele Awards has been bringing our industry together for over 40 years. A showcase of creativity, a melting pot of ideas, an expression of community—the Pele Awards is back once again to elevate us, inspire us, unify us.
This year, we've implemented some new ideas to adjust the entry process and awards show to reflect the current challenging landscapes.
CHANGES FOR 2021
1. 100% Online Entry Submissions Only
2. No Physical Entry and/or Official Entry Envelope needs to be turned in
3. Buy 1, Get 1 Free Entry Promotion for all Professional and College Entrants
4. No Late Fees
1. New Category
• Political Advertising
2. Deleted from 2020-2021
• Locals Only: Retail Advertising
• Locals Only: Travel & Tourism
1. Online Virtual Judging at both the Local and National levels
• Judging will be done online using digital content provided that was uploaded during the entry process and or URL
1. 2021 Pele Awards Facebook Live Virtual Awards Show*
• Scheduled for June 12, 2021 (Sat.) from 6pm—7pm
• Web Posting of Winners
• TBD “By Appointment Only Scheduled” Awards Pick Up & Picture Taking
*The possibility of an in-person event may be evaluated as the date of the show gets closer
PEOPLE OF THE YEAR 2020
Each year, AAF Hawaii and District 13 take an opportunity to recognize and celebrate exceptional professionals of Hawaii’s advertising and design industry who rise above and make an impact in our community. We are pleased to announce our 2020 People of the Year winners!
AAF HAWAII PERSON OF THE YEAR
Vice President of Communications, PBS Hawaiʻi
SILVER MEDAL AWARD
JAY K. EVANS
President, Montaj 9
2020 AD2 HAWAII PERSON OF THE YEAR
Marketing Manager, HOCU
CALL FOR ENTRIES HAS BEGUN
All “Professional” work entered in the 2021 Pele Awards Competition must have first appeared in media between January 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
All “College” work entered in the 2021 Pele Awards Competition must have been created between January 1, 2020, and February 28, 2021.
Please see 2021 Pele Information Guide for specific entry rules, guidelines, and categories.
New for 2021: Political Advertising
*any COVID Pivot Communications should be entered in the appropriate category.
Deleted for 2020: Retail Advertising & Travel & Tourism
*any Retail Advertising and Travel & Tourism should be entered in the appropriate category.
- ONLINE CALL FOR ENTRY ACCEPTANCE DATE
- JANUARY 1, 2021 11:59PM HST
- FINAL ONLINE ENTRY DEADLINE
- MARCH 15, 2021 11:59PM HST
- ALL PAYMENTS DUE
- MARCH 17, 2021 4PM HST to HonBlue
- PELE AWARD JUDGING
- MARCH 24, 2021 to APRIL 4, 2021