2020 Pele Awards Update
May 27, 2020
Thanks to each of you who joined us to honor and celebrate the great work our industry has created at our first ever virtual "Pele Hana" that took place on May 8.
We're happy to announce our 2020 Pele Awards Trophy Distribution and Picture Taking. Please save the date: Saturday, July 25, 2020, from 6 pm to 9 pm at the Pagoda Floating Restaurant Ballrooms. More details will be shared as we plan the specifics for a safe socially distanced event.
And finally, each award winner will receive one (1) complimentary award for their submission. However, should you want to order a personalized version for yourself, a dupe for the office, vendor and/or a client, please fill out the appropriate form(s):
•Pele Gold Trophy Reorder Form
•Best of Show Trophy Reorder Form
•Judges Choice Trophy Reorder Form
•Bronze and Silver Medal Reorder Form (limited quantities)
•Credit Card Authorization Form
All forms should be submitted to peleAwards@AAFHawaii.com by June 12.
June 12, 2020
Trophy Reorder Forms are due. Please download the forms above.
July 25, 2020
Pele Awards Trophy Distribution and Picture Taking, 6-9pm at Pagoda Ballrooms.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO
• Our 2020 Pele Judges – David Flanagan, Jennifer Morla and Diogo Valim
• Wall-To-Wall Studios, this year's lead creative agency
• Matt Heim and the team from HonBlue, the official printer
• James Sereno & Amanda Shigeoka of Kinetic Productions for producing our Pele Hana video, and High School, College & Professional Sizzle Reels
• Kelii Grace of KSG Films for Judging Day Interviews and Broll
• John Teruya of the Pagoda Floating Restaurant and his staff for being such a gracious and generous Judging Venue Host
• Jason Cutinella of NMG Network, our College & High School Presenting Sponsor who’s providing a Cash Scholarship to our Best of Show Student Winners for the 3rd year in a row
• Maile Takashima Alsup for assistance with Judging
• Allan Garcia of PhotoOps, our official AV Vendor
• MVNP, last year’s Lead Creative Agency who has been “on-call” helping us out throughout the year
• And countless others for helping the Pele Awards season happen each year
Wishing you all to stay well and please take care.
Pele Awards Chair
Every year, the Pele Awards has recognized excellence in advertising and design in Hawaii.
The Pele Awards have been a part of Hawaii’s advertising and design community for more than 40 years. The Pele Awards is one of fifteen National District Competitions for the American Advertising Awards (also known as the ADDYs). The Pele Gold winners in all national categories are sent to the National Finals of the American Advertising Awards Competition to represent District 13.
Press Your Luck
All work entered in the 2020 Pele Awards Competition must have first appeared in media between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019. New for 2020: the former Public Service category has been replaced with two new categories: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Pro Bono.
- CALL FOR ENTRY LAUNCH
- NOV 2019
- EARLY BIRD ONLINE ENTRY DEADLINE
- JAN 24, 2020
- FINAL ONLINE ENTRY DEADLINE
- FEB 9, 2020, 11:59pm HST
- ENTRY ENVELOPES DUE TO ELECTRIC PENCIL
- FEB 10, 2020, 1:00pm HST
Will the real Ad People, please stand up?
Each year, AAF-District 13 takes this opportunity to recognize and celebrate exceptional professionals of Hawaii’s advertising and design community who rise above and make an impact in our community. Whether they’re a colleague, friend, or mentor, nominate someone who is a leader in their workplace, community, and for those around them.
Meet the Fabulous Judges
Co-Owner & Founder, Misfit
President & Creative Director, Morla Design
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ACD & Art Director, TBWA Media Arts Lab
LOS ANGELES, CA