THE HIGH SCHOOL PELE AWARDS HONORS CREATIVE EXCELLENCE IN THE ART OF ADVERTISING AND DESIGN
The Pele Awards has been around for 40 plus years. The High School Pele Awards was established in 2018, to recognize and reward Creative Excellence in the art of Advertising and Design. The 2021 Best of Show High School winner will receive a $500 cash scholarship from presenting sponsor NMG Network's Student Scholarship Program.
Last year, we had over 375 entries from Hawai'i High Schools statewide with 125 entries being honored with either a Pele Gold, Silver, or a Bronze Award.
CHANGES FOR 2021
1. Judging will be done virtually and reviewed online
2. 100% Online Submission
- — For 2021 = NO "Official Pele Entry Envelopes" OR Physical Entry Submissions
- — New Online Electronic Signature (e-signature) required from Student Entrant(s) & Parent and/or Guardian
- — No Student Data will be collected
- — Email Acknowledgement will be sent once entry has been submitted
- — Every entry must submit an Digital Upload
- — One Entry Upload Only
• Collateral, Publication Design, Direct Marketing, Poster, Online/Interactive, Illustration, Photography, Misc. Projects categories = up to a 5 page upload accepted for one entry
• Film, Video, & Sound categories = mp4 only (One upload only, multiple spots accepted on one upload)
1. Entrants must be enrolled in Grades 9 through 12 in a full or part-time accredited Hawai'i U.S. educational institution for Public and Private Schools. Home-schooled Students are also eligible.
2. All work entered into the competition must have been created between January 1, 2020 and March 15, 2021.
3. Work maybe developed specifically for this competition or submitted from previous projects or competitions.
4. Group and/or individual work are eligible.
5. Work must be created while a student is enrolled in a accredited Hawai'i U.S. educational institution for either Public, Private, and/or Home-schooled.
6. Recent graduates are eligible to enter as long as the entry was created while a student during the 2020 school calendar year.
All "HIGH SCHOOL" work entered must be created between January 1, 2020 and March 15, 2021.
Please see 2021 Pele Information Guide for specific entry rules, guidelines, and categories.
• $5—Cost per each entry (payable via check, cash, credit card, or School PO)
• All Payments and Entry Forms Must Be Dropped off or Mailed to:
Attn: PELE AWARDS
501 Sumner St. #3B1
Honolulu, HI 96817
- ONLINE CALL FOR ENTRY PERIOD
- JANUARY 1, 2021
- FINAL ONLIINE ENTRY DEADLINE
- MARCH 15, 2021
- ENTRY & ENTRY FEE PAYMENT FORMS
- MARCH 19, 2021, 3PM to HonBlue
- VIRTUAL HIGH SCHOOL JUDGING
- MARCH 29, 2021 to APRIL 7, 2021
- 2021 HS PELE WEBSITE WINNERS REVEALED
- MAY 7, 2021, 12PM
MEET THE FABULOUS JUDGES
The 2020 High School Pele Judges
Voice & Hawaii Skin Diver Magazine
Giant Theory, LLC
Marie Eriel Hobro
Core Group One
Kinetic Productions Inc.
Gilbert & Associates, LLC
Stacey Leong Design
Hana Hou! The Magazine of Hawaiian Airlines
Michelle Mishina Photography
Clarence Lee Design
SEE WHO THE 2021 HIGH SCHOOL WINNERS WILL BE THIS YEAR!
We'll be announcing the winners on Friday, May 7, when the new High School Winners Website goes live.
MAY 7, 2021 12PM HST